The I Belong Centre is a place of welcome where we demonstrate that we all have different gifts to share. It’s a place where people have the opportunity to discover their individual and often hidden talents through creative and social activities. Each of us is unique and we all have significant contributions to make to society regardless of our challenges. By working together in creating beautiful art work, some of these gifts are revealed.
At the I Belong Centre, artwork is created and sold to help support the development of L’Arche Comox Valley. Our goal is to become financially self-sufficient.
- people with all levels of ability over the age of 19 are welcome. Your caregiver may be required to stay.
- activities last for 1 to 1.5 hours
- activity programs vary in cost — please refer to the Activity Guide (see below) or call the IBC for more information
- the L’ArcheWorx Collective offers participants in specially-designated programs an opportunity to earn money from the sale of their work
- to participate in most activities, you need to fill out an activity registration form, downloadable here: IBC Registration Form
Please note: registration for Fall 2017 opens on Monday, August 21. Registration is ongoing for most activities.
A full description of IBC programs is available in our Fall 2017 Activity Guide. You can view the guide online and download the PDF registration form here.
Here’s a small sampling of the exciting programs ready to welcome you:
Seniors’ Circle: Monday 11:00 am – 1.30 pm. Come and enjoy the company of friendly people — and some good food!
Creative Candle making: Tuesday 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Learn the process of making candles, from mold preparation, choosing color chips, and finally labeling the finished product.
Art Explorations: Wednesday 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Join Carolyn and Debby to create your own original works using paint and mixed media. Sometimes we have themes, sometimes we don’t… but we always have great conversation.
Friday morning drop in coffee: All Fridays, 10:00 -11.30 am. All are welcome. Coffee and tea provided.
To participate in I Belong Centre programs, or to become a volunteer, please contact us at:
100-1465 Grieve Avenue, Courtenay V9N 2W1