The I Belong Centre is a place of welcome where we demonstrate that we all have different gifts to share. It’s a place where people have the opportunity to discover their individual and often hidden talents through creative and social activities. Each of us is unique and we all have significant contributions to make to society regardless of our challenges. By working together in creating beautiful art work, some of these gifts are revealed.
At the I Belong Centre, artwork is created and sold to help support the development of L’Arche Comox Valley. Our goal is to become financially self-sufficient.
- people with all levels of ability over the age of 19 are welcome. Your caregiver may be required to stay.
- activities last for 1 to 1.5 hours
- activity programs vary in cost — please refer to the Activity Guide (see below) or call the IBC for more information
- the L’ArcheWorx Collective offers participants in specially-designated programs an opportunity to earn money from the sale of their work
- to participate in most activities, you need to fill out an activity registration form, downloadable here: IBC Registration Form
Our SPRING 2018 ACTIVITY GUIDE is out and registration is now open!
The I Belong Centre will continue to offer some of its most popular activities during this spring and summer. Choose from a variety of creative programs or social activities that are open to adults of all ability levels. Please share this info with your family and friends!
The Spring 2018 Activity Guide and registration form can be accessed at this link: 2018 Spring Activities. You can also pick up a copy of the Guide at the I Belong Centre, 1465 Grieve Avenue, Courtenay BC. For more information on participating in activities, or to volunteer, please call (250) 871-6288 or email email@example.com
Here’s a small sampling of the exciting programs ready to welcome you:
Seniors’ Circle: Monday 11:00 am – 1.30 pm. Come and enjoy the company of friendly people — and some good food!
Creative Candle making: Tuesday 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Learn the process of making candles, from mold preparation, choosing color chips, and finally labeling the finished product.
Exploring Art Together (EAT): Wednesday 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Join Carolyn and Debby to create your own original works using paint and mixed media. Sometimes we have themes, sometimes we don’t… but we always have great conversation.
Friday morning drop in coffee: All Fridays, 10:00 -11.30 am. All are welcome. Coffee and tea provided.
To participate in I Belong Centre programs, or to become a volunteer, please contact us at:
100-1465 Grieve Avenue, Courtenay V9N 2W1